A winter season is absolutely delightful, isn’t it? You could curl and sleep all day long comfortably. But the extreme chillness associated with the weather can make it extremely difficult for you to snuggle in and enjoy a cosy sleep. The immense frosty weather might make you extremely uncomfortable instead. Be it office or home, the weather would definitely take a toll on you. Are you seeking a suitable solution which would allow you to encounter the weather with head straight on? Space heaters would definitely come to your rescue and keep you far away from cold. You should definitely buy a portable heater to keep yourself warm.
Space Heater: What is it?
Heaters are used to warm the place. Space heater, in particular, is a device utilized to warm up the room. If you are warming many connected areas, then it is called a central heating system. The space heaters can use either electricity or fuel to heat up the place. Natural gas, fuel oil, wood pellets and propane are the most commonly used fuels in the space heaters. It is quite convenient and widely used. There are three types of space heaters. They are as follows.
- Convection space heaters – It is used to warm the entire room.
- Radiant space heaters – It wouldn’t heat up the entire room, instead it will direct the heat to any specific object.
- Fuel space heaters – They operate using fuels and are conventionally used for outside heating.
Things to Consider While Buying the Space Heater
There are a few critical factors to be considered before you make a purchase. Let’s see about these factors in detail below.
- Safety – This plays a vital role while you make a purchase decision. A space heater shouldn’t get overheated and should automatically tip over in case of any fluctuations. It is equally essential for the outer cover to not get heated up. These things should be examined thoroughly before you procure one. Make sure to read the safety guidelines from the manufacturer before you start operating the heater. Please refer to the article on space heaters general safety guidelines.
Choosing the Appropriate Type of Space Heater – Convection space heaters can efficiently warm up the entire room with ease. It could be used when you need to heat
- up a large area. Radiant space heaters heat up the surface on which it is directed to. These could be used when you want to warm up a small room. It consumes more time to heat up the area compared to that of convection space heaters. It depends on the size of the area to a significant extent. Both convection and radiant space heaters are electric heaters. The fuel-based space heaters should be used only outdoors. Operating them indoors is not recommended, and it is risky. Hence, if you are looking for an outdoor heater, you should definitely buy a fuel-based space heater. These space heaters require utmost attention and cause fire hazards if not maintained properly. It is extremely hazardous compared to that of the other types of space heaters. There are few indoor propane heaters available in the market nowadays. These could be used indoors as well.
- Energy Efficiency – You need to consider the amount of electric consumption while you buy the space heater. You definitely don’t want to pay huge electricity bills, do you? Hence, it is essential to understand the energy efficiency of the space heater and the power consumption levels. This would allow you to take a well-informed purchase decision. Refer to this to understand more about energy efficiency.
- Affordability – You will be able to find so many space heaters from various brands. You need to weigh in all the characteristics of all the brands and take an appropriate decision. It would be sensible to find the space heater which satisfies all your requirements at the most appropriate price. Hence, the cost of the products is one of the major decision making factors during purchase.
- Noise Levels – You don’t want to buy a noisy space heater, do you? The noisy space heaters would completely ruin your sleep. That’s the last thing you want from your space heaters. Hence, you need to consider the noise levels of the space heaters while making a purchase.
- Durability – It is better to invest more money and buy a durable one rather than buying a cheap one which would fail in a brief span of time. Hence, it is essential for you to review the durability of various products available in the market before making a purchase.
You might have to consider each and every factor mentioned above and perform extensive research before you make a decision. This could indeed be a time-consuming task and could wear you out. I have faced all this while I was seeking to purchase one. To simplify your space heater hunting process, I am delighted to present my findings with you.
5 Best Space Heaters to Buy
There are numerous room heaters available in the market to perform space heating. Hence, it can be quite a complex task for you to review all the heaters available in the market. To make your task simpler, I have performed research on the best space heaters to consider buying and would like to communicate my conclusion with you. I earnestly hope this would be of immense help to you. Underneath are the five best space heaters I have identified. Let’s see about them in detail.
- Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
- Homegear 1500W Infrared Electric Portable Space Heater Black
- LifeSmart 6 Element w/Remote Large Room Infrared Heater Black/Gray
- Infrared Quartz Fireplace in Burnished Oak Finish
- DeLonghi TRD40615E Full Room Radiant Heater
1) Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
It is extremely portable. You can easily shift it anywhere you want. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about
allocating more space to place the heater. It is secure and reliable. The heater doesn’t spit out hot air. Hence, you need to worry about your kids getting burnt by this heater as well. It is extremely quiet compared to other space heaters in the market. You will be able to have a good night’s sleep without any hindrance. Persistent overheating would degrade the heater. This could significantly damage the product.
You need not worry about overheating when it comes to this heater. This comes with the default overheat protection. You don’t have to switch it on well in advance to achieve the complete heating of the room. This heater has the ability to heat up the entire large room in a few minutes. Your room would definitely stay warm throughout the night. This space heater would be definitely the best value for the money spent, and you would definitely not regret your purchase decision. It is reasonably easy to use as well. You can merely set the temperature you desire and can leave it on. The heater will automatically on and off to maintain the temperature which has been set. Let’s see a few of the key pros and cons below.
- Overheat Protection
- Wheeled space heater. So, easy to move around.
- Extremely Quiet
- Contains two settings high and low to adjust the heat
- High Cost
- Cannot heat up extremely large areas as it claims.
2) Homegear 1500W Infrared Electric Portable Space Heater Black
This space heater could heat up the room real quick. You don’t have to worry about winter anymore. It is less noisy
compared and it wouldn’t be a hindrance to your sleep. It is just not extremely quiet but is extremely affordable also. It is relatively challenging to find such a heater at that price. Your electricity bill would be well within control. Low power consumption is its significant strength. This space heater is extremely compact and portable. It could effectively heat up a large room in a few minutes. Let’s see a few of the key pros and cons below.
- Efficient blower fan and quiet
- Lower Cost
- Overheat Protection
- Ease of Use
- Coverage area is less
- Loud clicking sound.
3) LifeSmart 6 Element w/Remote Large Room Infrared Heater Black/Gray
It is an energy efficient space heater. You can be assured that your electricity bills will be well under control. I wouldn’t call these space heaters as quiet but it is not noisy either. The noise level is quite minimal. Hence, you will be assured of a peaceful sleep throughout the night. Outlets of the space heater wouldn’t get burned up. You wouldn’t face any such issues with this space heater. A calorimeter is typically present in this type of space heater that measures the heat in the room. The heater would turn on and off based on your requested temperature setting. Let’s see a few of the key pros and cons below.
- Operates in two heat setting sand Eco mode
- Raised Control Panel
- Efficient Fan to distribute heat
- 12-hours start and stop timer.
- Difficult to use
- Too Noisy.
4) Infrared Quartz Fireplace in Burnished Oak Finish
The flame effect of this space heater is a noteworthy thing. It is relatively realistic, and it is gorgeous to look at. This
space heater is typically bought for secondary heat source rather than utilizing it as the primary heat source. It is relatively straightforward to use. Anyone can effortlessly operate it without any issues. I observed the cord length is comparatively smaller. You need to furnish a suitable place to overcome this situation. It is quiet compared to other space heaters in the market. This space heater has extraordinary energy efficiency, and you would save a lot of money when it comes to paying electricity bills. Let’s see a few of the key pros and cons below.
- Operates in three heat settings and Eco mode
- Excellent Design
- Warms up the room real quick
- Noise Free
- Mostly used as Secondary heater
5) DeLonghi TRD40615E Full Room Radiant Heater
This radiant room heater could take more time to warm up the room compared to other space heaters mentioned above. and the automatic timer would allow you to schedule the timer to switch off automatically at a particular time while you sleep soundly. It causes noise to a certain extent compared to that of other space heaters in the list. But it will definitely not be intense enough to ruin your sleep. Let’s see a few of the key pros and cons below.
- Sophisticated Design
- Automatic Timer
- Outer body temperature is less
- Loud Clicking Sounds
You can see the merits and demerits of each and every portable heater above. I have reviewed many space heaters available in the market to short down to the list mentioned above. You could select the appropriate one from the list which would accommodate your requirements. You could definitely rely on the list and go ahead to make a purchase. You will definitely be delighted with the purchase by following my recommendations. I am certain you wouldn’t regret the decision.